Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Paying respects to Juanita Storck

my babysitter (from 20 years ago) passed away this past weekend.

Juanita Storck was a wonderful soft-spoken, gentle woman, who wanted nothing more than her families happiness. other things that made her a wonderful person:
  • she would watch me before afternoon kindergarten class and make sandwiches for me (bologna and miracle whip)
  • taught me how to make twine eggs for easter
  • would hold me when i'd fall off my bike and start crying
  • would let me stay over and watch Moonlighting with her daughters
  • would make the best lemonade in the neighborhood and would let me sell it in her driveway
  • would take me with her to her mothers, where i would get to eat 28-35 pieces of hard candy and caramels
  • she would let me try on some of her clip on earrings
  • taught me that you can clean dentures with regular bar soap

there's a million other things that made you a wonderful mother, grandmother, and caregiver, Juanita. you will be greatly missed.

No comments: