Thursday, July 17, 2008

on babies.

my biggest problem right now it that i have baby fever and i don't even know how to stop it. i'm sure the boozing helps, but everytime i see a picture of a baby, my brain forces me to stop whatever i'm doing and cradle my dog while i make up songs using his name (tito).

i need to remember that right now is great for all the things i can do/continue doing that involve not being pregnant or being completely childless:

  • travel: i need to go to Thailand and eat street food

  • travel: i need to go back to sonoma, drink wine, and have bachelorette party II: we have no babies

  • inhale chunks of blue cheese and raw fish sushi

  • eat random food, no questions asked

  • regularly drink beer, and the occasional shot

  • sleep on my stomach

  • sleep through the night

  • buy clothes/shoes/handbags that i have no intention of ever using

  • learn how to do the trapeze with amy

  • not have pain or scarring in/around my gentle zone

  • get in street fights

  • curse like a drunken sailor

  • get home when i feel like it

  • sleep in

  • eat all the cake in the house

  • drink coffee like its beauty/brains tonic

  • pretend to want to go on a diet

  • play xbox/wii and not have to let anyone else play (except jeff, occassionally)

  • quit my job (whatever job i have at that moment)


the scary thing is, i know these things and i still have baby fever.

writing this has just made me decide that i will do at least one anti-baby fever activity per day that i'm not with child. if you read this and think of anything i missed, let me know. xo

2 comments:

JSanders said...

A few more items for the list:

- take advil/tylenol/legal or illegal drug of choice as desired
- not have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes
- leave the house with just a wallet and keys- no diaper bag/stroller/carseat/infant

Maybe repeating the list over and over will help me too. Jody can only hope. Speaking of which, when is Bachelorette party II: we have no babies edition happening?

luv, your sis in law

Ann T. said...

Let's see:
1. Eat lunch meat. That's a new no-no I found out about this year.
2. Be on time.
3. Speak in full sentences.

As I discover more, I will add them to the list.